This weekly report from AdImpact details the latest TV and Facebook political ads related to the Coronavirus. If you have specific questions related to this topic, contact jlink@AdImpact.com. Follow us on Twitter @Ad_Analytics for frequent updates.
Coronavirus Advertising Recap March 27, 2020
TV: MARCH 21-27
This week, 9 ads have mentioned “coronavirus,” totaling $995K.
Susan Collins, ME – “Mainers Don’t Panic” and “The Real Heroes”
Mitch McConnell, KY – “Fuels Fear”
Amy McGrath, KY – “Look Out for Each Other”
Ron Stollings, WV – “Good Common Sense”
Woody Thrasher, WV – “Time of Concern”
Unite the Country – “Crisis Comes”
Majority Forward – “Sweeping Measures”
Priorities USA – “Hoax”
“Hoax” is the ad with the most airings at 959, and last aired on 3/24.
*Please note, the above data is from the last seven days, including today.
FACEBOOK: MARCH 15-21
Last week, the top 5 advertisers spent a combined $48,000 for 6.9M total impressions.
– Spent an estimated $22,000 with an estimated 4.7M impressions
– Messaged on the Trump Administrations response to the Coronavirus outbreak
– Spent an estimated $7,500, with an estimated 1M impressions
– Messaged on the Congressional stimulus package
Color of Change PAC
– Spent an estimated $7,500, with an estimated 893k impressions
– Messaged on coronavirus and the 2020 Census
– Spent an estimated $6,600, with an estimated 22k impressions
– Messaged on the Senate voting against increasing paid leave and worker protections in the face of the coronavirus crisis
– Spent an estimated $4,400, with an estimated 273k impressions
– Messaged on Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans response to coronavirus
*Please note, the above data is from one week ago.