March 27, 2020
This weekly report from AdImpact details the latest TV and Facebook political ads related to the Coronavirus. If you have specific questions related to this topic, contact jlink@AdImpact.com. Follow us on Twitter @Ad_Analytics for frequent updates.
Coronavirus Advertising Recap March 27, 2020
TV: MARCH 21-27
This week, 9 ads have mentioned "coronavirus," totaling $995K.
Susan Collins, ME - "Mainers Don't Panic" and "The Real Heroes"
Mitch McConnell, KY - "Fuels Fear"
Amy McGrath, KY - "Look Out for Each Other"
Ron Stollings, WV - "Good Common Sense"
Woody Thrasher, WV - "Time of Concern"
Unite the Country - "Crisis Comes"
Majority Forward - "Sweeping Measures"
Priorities USA - "Hoax"
"Hoax" is the ad with the most airings at 959, and last aired on 3/24.
*Please note, the above data is from the last seven days, including today.
FACEBOOK: MARCH 15-21
Last week, the top 5 advertisers spent a combined $48,000 for 6.9M total impressions.
- Spent an estimated $22,000 with an estimated 4.7M impressions
- Messaged on the Trump Administrations response to the Coronavirus outbreak
- Spent an estimated $7,500, with an estimated 1M impressions
- Messaged on the Congressional stimulus package
Color of Change PAC
- Spent an estimated $7,500, with an estimated 893k impressions
- Messaged on coronavirus and the 2020 Census
- Spent an estimated $6,600, with an estimated 22k impressions
- Messaged on the Senate voting against increasing paid leave and worker protections in the face of the coronavirus crisis
- Spent an estimated $4,400, with an estimated 273k impressions
- Messaged on Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans response to coronavirus
*Please note, the above data is from one week ago.